Hansen Creek Canyon
Located a few short miles from Halls Crossing Marina, Hansen Creek Canyon is a fairly wide canyon that winds back through low canyon rock hills and ends at a sand wash. The canyon offers little shade, but has several nice anchoring spots and alcoves. While not the most scenic canyon at Lake Powell it provides a secluded base for houseboating or beach camping.A short hike up the rock hills provides great views of the Henry Mountains.
- Nearest Marina: Halls Crossing: 10 miles
- Mile Marker Buoy: 104
- Camping: Yes – includes some sand / beach areas.
- Anchoring: Yes – several.
- Beach / Sand: Limited, but large sand deposit toward end of the canyon.
- Hiking: Hiking / exploring can be done up Hansen Creek.
- Skiing/Wakeboarding: Secluded areas in the canyon and near the main channel.
- Fishing: Good.
- Shade: Limited.
- Special Notes: Severe rainstorms can produce flash flooding down Hansen Creek – take caution if you choose to anchor in the wash area at the end of the canyon.
Directions: From Halls Crossing Marina travel uplake (north) approximately 10 miles to mile marker 104. Hansen Creek Canyon is noted by a buoy marker on the East.
Hansen Creek Canyon Map
Additional Maps & Photos of Hansen Creek Canyon (click enlarge images)