Wahweap Campground & RV Park
Rainbow Bridge is the largest natural arch in the world, and conveniently located at Lake Powell. With over 100,000 visitors a year this site remains the most popular destination on the lake. At only 49 miles from Glen Canyon Dam and 50 Miles from Bullfrog Marina it makes for a good day trip (weather pending) for most boaters or an easy excursion on one of the hired tour boats. A short hike along a wash trail is rewarded with breathtaking views of sheer canyon walls leading to the stunning arch.
- Hiking Time: 15 – 30 minutes one way.
- Hiking Distance: 2/3 – 1 Mile (at 2010 Lake Levels)
- Level of Difficulty: Easy – Moderate (some minor hill climbing)
- Facilities: Short term boat dock and restrooms.
- Nearest Marina: Dangling Rope, 10 miles.
- Distance to Wahweap Marina: 54 miles.
- Distance to Bullfrog Marina: 50 miles.
- Pets Allowed: No.
- Special Notes: Drink plenty of water – temperatures can reach over 100 degrees throughout the summer at Rainbow Bridge.
Location: From Bullfrog area travel downlake – after you pass mile marker 50 look for Forbidding Canyon on your left. Follow the canyon and signs pointing to Rainbow Bridge. From Wahweap travel uplake about 54 miles. At mile marker 49 follow the entrance to Forbidding Canyon. Rainbow Bridge dock area is about 1 – 2 miles up Forbidding Canyon.
Rainbow Bridge map on Lake Powell:
Rainbow Bridge Map & Images